Join us in an intimate breakfast setting for a discussion, and venture into the mind and experience of a leader within our industry, Architect Sharon Refvam, AIA, LEED Fellow, Snior Project Architect and Director of the Sustainability Resource Group at HPS!
The event will start off with a brief presentation of the chosen architect’s life work, what challenges they’ve faced and how they got to where they are today. We will then transition into questions, and an opportunity for open dialogue focused around what the attendees want to know, so get ready to ask away!
* Free admission, food and refreshments will be provided.
APPROVED FOR 1 AIA LEARNIG UNIT:
1. Discuss challenges and practices in developing a career in architecture while balancing ones life. Sharon will speak to her experience and FAIA application preparation, provide an individual workshop.
2. Develop a strategy to set and achieve career milestones, during the challenges one might face as a woman leader in the profession.
3. Approach personal life with asimilar strategy - set life milestones and goals (perhaps specific to women in the profession.) Develop a strategy for achievement.
4. Understand Sharon's challenges and her solutions, leadership and fellowship as a career goal, we encourage women to prepare and submit applications for AIA fellowship. We'll listen to her recommendations.