SUMMER 2017 ANNOUNCEMENT!
The Women in Architecture of AIA Santa Clara Valley has joined forces with AIA San Mateo County to form WIA Silicon Valley. Our goal is to increase impact and awareness by expanding our group and adopting the world-recognized brand of the Silicon Valley. With this change, we need a new logo! Our logo design competition is open to everyone - let's see what you've got!
The new WIA logo should accomplish the following:
- Communicate WIA Symbolism (described here)
- Include the letters W I A
- Include Silicon Valley in some way
- Communicate affiliation with the AIA and/or Architecture
- Must be adaptable for social media formats (square + circular)
Submit your logo ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No limit on number of entries per person
- Collaboration is encouraged
- Minimum size of image is 1200px (in any direction)
- Files must be in PDF format
Submission Deadline: September 1st, 9pm
Winner Announcement: September 15th
WOMEN IN ARCHITECTURE
AIA SANTA CLARA VALLEY
The Women in Architecture Committee (WIA) is composed of women architects and allies in the Chapter for the purpose of increasing the incidence and visibility of women in architecture and in related design and construction industries. We exist to bring awareness to the gender disparity that exists in the profession in order to achieve equality. We exist to empower women by fostering growth, building leaders and role models, promoting the success of women architects, serving as a catalyst for equality and fair treatment, bringing about balance in the profession, and by redefining success.
Here's What We're Doing:
FEATURED: Why Equity is Good For Your Practice
Find more great resources here!